2014 GOODY® Canada "#ShareURHair" PHOTO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Goody® #ShareURHair Contest (the "Contest") begins on May 17, 2014 at 11:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on August 30, 2014 at 11:59:59 a.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of eighteen in their province or territory of residence at time of entry unless prohibited by applicable law (individually "Entrant", collectively "Entrants") and who are physically present in the Canada at the time of entry ("Entrants"). This Contests is void in Quebec. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, promotion prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, their advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and each of their immediate family members (as defined by applicable regulation) and/or people living in the same household, are not eligible to enter or win a prize in the Contest. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state, territorial, provincial and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and may not be acknowledged or returned. This Contest and any entries are void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit the Goody.com Facebook Fan Page (www.facebook.com/goody) (the "Contest Website") on the Facebook Platform. Click on the "Enter Contest" tab, follow the links and instructions to submit your entry information (including your first and last name, date of birth and email address and city of residence). Upload a photo of yourself showing a hairstyle achieved using any Goody accessory or styling products (the "Contest Photo") along with a caption describing your look or hairstyle (limited to 150 words or less). Your entry information and Photo shall be referred to collectively herein as a Submission. Proof of sending a Submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Neither Sponsor, its parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies, nor any of its or their advertising/promotion agencies, nor any of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives or assigned (collectively "Released Parties") are liable for any disputes between participants and/or Entrant related to the Submission. You may also enter by mail, by hand printing your name, complete address, email address, phone number (including area code) and date of birth either on a postcard or on a separate piece of paper no larger than 8½ x 11 inches, along with the Contest Photo and mailing the postcard or paper and Contest Photo in an envelope so that it is received during the Contest Period, with proof of delivery and the proper postage affixed to: Goody Share Ur Hair Contest, Attn: Atoosa Ryanne Arfa, 3 Glenlake Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30328. Mail-in entries must be during the Contest Period. Limit one (1) entry per stamped envelope. Mechanically reproduced or hand-stamped entries or mailing labels or entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means will not be accepted. Incorrect, illegible, corrupt, and incomplete entries are void. Any Submissions that do not conform with these Official Rules in Sponsor’s sole discretion will be disqualified.
4. ADDITIONAL ENTRY DETAILS:
a. Entry Limits: Limit one (1) Entry per person and per email address (or stamped envelope) per day during the Entry Period. Only one person may be named in the entry form. If more than one Entry is received from the same person or the same email address (or stamped envelope) in a calendar day period, all Entries from such person or from such email address may be disqualified. Entries made on another’s behalf by any other individuals or any other entity, including but not limited to commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified from this Contest. Entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method will be disqualified. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner or in any effort to influence the Contest in any way inconsistent with the Contest rules – in Sponsor’s sole discretion – will be void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual named on the entry form (only one name may appear on the entry form). If in Sponsor’s opinion there is credible evidence to dispute that the Entrant named on the entry form is the actual Entrant, the Entry may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
b. Requirements for Photo submissions: Photos submitted in connection with this Contest must be owned by the Entrant or the Entrant must have the express written permission of the copyright owner of the photo to submit it in connection with this Contest. Photo submissions may not contain any copyrighted or trademarked elements other than elements owned by the Entrant. Use of any copyright or trademark elements owned by a third party may result in disqualification of the entry, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Photo may not include any person (or depiction of such person) other than the Entrant. If more than one person participated in the creation or development of the Photo, such person(s) that are not the Entrant must have transferred, in writing, all rights in the Photo to the Entrant prior to submitting the Photo, and must have consented in writing to Entrant’s Submission of the Photo in this Contest. Upon request of Sponsor, Entrant may be required to obtain releases from all such participants in writing on a form provided by Sponsor, and by a time designated by Sponsor. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of Photo. If such participants are minors, then the transfer of rights, consent for submission and written release must be made by such minor’s parent or legal guardian. Prize will be awarded only to the Entrant associated with the winning Photo if Photo is submitted.
c. Entrant’s Representations: By entering the Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants that (a) the Photo is an original work created solely by the Entrant, (b) the Photo does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, (c) no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the submitted Photo, (d) use of the Photo by Sponsor and/or the Authorized Parties will not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/public or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, (e) the Photo has not previously been and will not in the future be entered in any other contest, and (f) the Photo has not been previously published in any medium.
(i) All Entries are subject to verification by the Sponsor. Entries that do not meet the specifications, or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules may be disqualified. Incomplete, illegible or mutilated entries will be automatically disqualified. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, altered or illegible Entries. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid Entry. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
(ii) Once an Entrant submits an Entry, he/she will be unable to make any edits or changes. No portion of the Entry may contain, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, obscene, violent, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor’s desired image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or dead, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights.
(iii) By entering the Contest, all Entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to Sponsor and its designees, to reproduce, distribute, display, copy and create derivative works of all or portions of the Entry (along with a name credit for the Entrant or fiancé, if depicted in the Photo) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to, display at a potential exhibition of winners, or online posting of the Entries or winners of the Contest. Entrants consent to the Sponsor doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe the Entrant’s "moral rights" in their Entries. Display or publication of any Entry on Sponsor’s designees’ website does not indicate the Entrant will be selected as a winner. Sponsor and its designees will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with the use of any Entry or portion of any Entry, as contemplated by these Official Rules. Additionally, except where prohibited by law, by entering, each Entrant grants to Sponsor and its designees the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of such Entry. Sponsor and Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
(iv) Sponsor is not responsible for errors or problems downloading or uploading any Contest-related materials or information, or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the Contest Website, or any other technical problems related to Contest Website entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in this Contest.
5. WINNER DETERMINATION: There will be one (1) winner selected every three (3) weeks during the Contest Period for a total of five (5) winners. Winners will be selected from a pool of all online entries received during the Contest Period.
a. Sponsor Judging for Grand Prize: Eligible Entries will be judged by employees of the Sponsor to determine the potential prize winners. Judging by the Sponsor will take place on or about the following dates:
1. June 7, 2014,
2. June 28, 2014
3. July 19, 2014
4. August 9, 2014
5. August 30, 2014
The Sponsor will utilize the following judging criteria (each given equal weight): (i) creativity of hair design and (ii) uniqueness compared to other Entry submissions. In the event of a tie in the Sponsor Judging, the tie will be broken based on which of the Entries receives the highest score in the creativity category. Decisions of the judges are final and binding, and made in their sole discretion.
b. Winner Announcement: The potential prize winners will be announced on the Contest Website the week following each round of judging. Potential prize winners and will receive his/her prize following verification of eligibility and winning status.
6. PRIZES/VALUES: Each prize winner will receive a $200 VISA pre-paid card and basket of Goody hair care products (approximate retail value $150).
a. Additional Prize Details: Prizes will be awarded only if the potential prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Taxes on any prize, including but not limited to Federal income tax, are solely the responsibility of each winner, and each winner must complete all forms requested by Sponsor to evidence and accomplish such ("Tax Forms"). Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. All details and other restrictions of any prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No cash alternative or prize substitution will be allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if any prize listed is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the Prizes described above may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the "Prize Claim Documents" (defined below).
b. Total ARV: The total approximate retail value for all prizes awarded in this Contest is $1750.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Once the selection of the potential winner is complete, the potential winner will be notified by email (the "Prize Notice") at the e-mail address provided in the entry form. Each potential winner may be required to answer a skill-testing question, execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Tax Forms, and (where applicable) a Publicity Release form (collectively, "Prize Claim Documents") and return such executed Prize Claim Documents within seven (7) calendar days of Prize Notice. If a Prize or Prize Notice is returned as undeliverable, if a potential winner fails to respond or execute and return the Prize Claim Documents (as directed) within the time frame specified, or if a potential prize winner is determined to be ineligible or disqualified for any reasons, his/her prize will be forfeited. In the event that a prize is unclaimed, Sponsor may attempt to award it to the next highest scoring eligible Entrant and follow the same winner notification process. Sponsor may make up to three (3) attempts to award a prize, and if it remains unclaimed, the prize will not be awarded. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential prize winner for any reason.
8. GENERAL TERMS/LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
(i) By entering this Contest, all Entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor and the other Promotion Entities, and each of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and partners, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, and representatives, from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of such Entrant’s participation in this Contest, any Contest-related activities, and the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize awarded in this Contest. Neither Sponsor nor the other Promotion Entities assume any responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to in this Contest.
(ii) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or if required by Facebook, and to award the prizes based on eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation.
(iii) Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest and judging.
(iv) Acceptance of any prize constitutes such prize winner’s permission for the Sponsor and other Promotion Entities to use such prize winner’s Entry (in whole or in part), name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the "Attributes"), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and such Entrant releases the Sponsor, Promotion Entities and designees from all claims arising out of the use of such Entry and/or Attributes and agrees to indemnify the Sponsor and other Promotion Entities for any third party claims arising out of the use of such Entry or Attributes by Sponsor, Promotion Entities or any Authorized Parties.
(v) Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, or stolen, entries or prize notifications. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Contest as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner based solely on Sponsor Judging from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
(vi) ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OR TERRITORY WHEREIN SPONSOR IS LOCATED WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE OR TERRITORY’S LAWS.
(vii) By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes the entrant may have with, or claims entrant may have against, the Sponsor and/or other Promotion Entities relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Contest, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement, will be resolved individually and exclusively in the courts of Atlanta, Georgia or Charlotte, North Carolina.
(viii) Sponsor may collect personal data when you participate in this Promotion. Participating in the Promotion constitutes your permission for the Sponsor and its affiliates to maintain the data in Canada. The data is collected to maintain a record of those who have participated in the Promotion, to contact potential winners, and for marketing purposes. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Regie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
10. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, print this page. To obtain a copy of any legally-required winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to "Share Ur Hair Contest" c/o Goody Products, Inc., Attn: Atoosa Ryanne Arfa, 3 Glenlake Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30328.
All such requests must be received by August 30, 2014.
11. SPONSOR: Newell Rubbermaid Canada d/b/a Goody Canada Newell Rubbermaid Canada 586 Argus Road, Oakville, Ontario L6J 3J3.
© 2014 Newell Rubbermaid Canada. All Rights Reserved.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.